Peabody says the lease would help the mine to continue at its current employment level of 365 people and generate about $13 million in royalties, half of which would go to Colorado.
- But it's not clear if the county, which contains Steamboat Springs, received nearly $100,000 in fees it had sought.Read more
- The board voted 7-0 Thursday to put all its $1 million in reserves at the disposal of the South Routt district.Read more
- South Routt County schools officials are to meet with the state education board Thursday to request funds from contingency reserves.Read more
- Peabody officials say all their workers near Steamboat Springs will continue to receive normal wages and benefits, pending court approval.Read more
Financial regulators are starting to take a closer look at how publicly traded companies, including some in Colorado, disclose the impacts of climate change.
- Missouri-based Peabody admits no wrongdoing in the agreement and says it’s always tried to make appropriate disclosures.Read more