- Across the U.S., more than 1,000 inmates will now be considered for parole or reduced prison time.Read more
- The number of elderly male inmates in U.S. prisons has gotten 15 times bigger than what was in the early 1980s.Read more
- The $4.7 million move is part of a settlement to a class-action lawsuit by prisoners at Colorado State Penitentiary in Canon City.Read more
- Thomas' mother has been in prison since 2000 for drug trafficking.Read more
- Tsarnaev is eventually expected to go to the death row unit at the U.S. Penitentiary in Terre Haute, Indiana.Read more
The federal prison in Florence houses some of the nation's most dangerous criminals, but inmates filing a lawsuit say the facility can create and exacerbate mental illness.
In the second of a five-part series, we look at Colorado's parole system through the eyes of parolee Kevin Monteiro. He was released this past June.
In the first of a five-part series, we look at Colorado's parole system through the eyes of parolee Kevin Monteiro. He was released last June.