- Police Chief Luis Velez told the City Council the rate of crime in Pueblo is nearly double the national average.Read more
- Pueblo County Commissioner Sal Pace said the deal will help a long-struggling industry.Read more
- The report notes that even low levels of lead could cause serious health problems in children.Read more
- The Smelter closed more than 100 years ago, but the soil on its site is still contaminated.Read more
- A new jail, a scholarship program, and a parks plan could all benefit from new taxes.Read more
The fair has been losing money and depending on millions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies for the last 13 years. Auditors told legislators Tuesday that there is no solution if the fair remains at its current location.