Gratz is a meteorologist in Boulder. OpenSnow attracts about 20 percent of all skiers in the U.S. by telling them where and when to find the best powder.
Skiing and Snowboarding
Weather has been freakishly warm, both on the Front Range and up in the High Country where our dreams lie.
- The sale won’t change anything for skiers and how the resort operates, Crested Butte says.Read more
- The new owner will operate the ski area as is through the winter, then decide whether to make any improvements.Read more
Colorado justices ruled that avalanches are an inherent danger of skiing. If it had gone the other way, the case could have jeopardized ski areas in the West.
- Avalanches are among the "inherent dangers of skiing" covered by a law that limits lawsuits against the industry, the court says.Read more
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife official Jeromy Huntington says moose find it easier to travel along the ski areas' packed snow compared to deep snow.Read more
- Yes, we've still got a month (or two, we hope) of skiing left this season. But now's the time to buy next season's pass to get the best price.Read more