The U.S. Forest Service issued a key draft environmental impact statement on Friday.Read more
Skiing and Snowboarding
- "Everybody’s really excited about it," said Wolf Creek co-owner Rosanne Pitcher.Read more
Little ski hills, often with just one rope tow, dotted Colorado's central and southern mountains in the 1900s. Today, nearly all are closed.
- Ski area groups sued the agency, claiming the rule was an illegal seizure of private property.Read more
- Bookings edged up only slightly through the end of October. That’s after years of double-digit growth at western ski resorts.Read more
- the resort opens Friday with nine lifts accessing 1,150 skiable acres.Read more
- Colorado depends heavily on the ski industry, the state's mountain resorts depend heavily on the weather, and both will feel the pinch as Earth's climate warms.Read more