Skiing and Snowboarding
- Avalanches are among the "inherent dangers of skiing" covered by a law that limits lawsuits against the industry, the court says.Read more
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife official Jeromy Huntington says moose find it easier to travel along the ski areas' packed snow compared to deep snow.Read more
- Yes, we've still got a month (or two, we hope) of skiing left this season. But now's the time to buy next season's pass to get the best price.Read more
- March is typically Colorado’s snowiest month, but the mountains have not seen heavy snow in the past two weeks.Read more
- "Everybody’s really excited about it," said Wolf Creek co-owner Rosanne Pitcher.Read more
Little ski hills, often with just one rope tow, dotted Colorado's central and southern mountains in the 1900s. Today, nearly all are closed.
- Ski area groups sued the agency, claiming the rule was an illegal seizure of private property.Read more