Skiing and Snowboarding
- Bookings edged up only slightly through the end of October. That’s after years of double-digit growth at western ski resorts.Read more
- the resort opens Friday with nine lifts accessing 1,150 skiable acres.Read more
- Colorado depends heavily on the ski industry, the state's mountain resorts depend heavily on the weather, and both will feel the pinch as Earth's climate warms.Read more
A handful of ski resorts like Arapahoe Basin and Aspen Skiing Company hope to change skiers' views on climate change.
- A decline in September bookings for this winter should pick up once the snow starts falling.Read more
Attention Colorado gear heads: That backpack you've been eyeing might soon get a little cheaper. We repeat: might.
- Attorneys present arguments Tuesday in a case with potentially far-reaching implications for the state's $3-billion-a-year ski industry.Read more