- A U.S. Forest Service spokesman says that could allow it to burn for some time.Read more
The Phoenix bureau chief for The New York Times writes about the 19 hotshot firefighters killed in June 2013 fire at Yarnell Hill in Arizona.
- Global SuperTanker conducted its first test flight by dropping water in southern Arizona Sunday.Read more
- Gov. John Hickenlooper used the words "average to below average" to describe this year’s wildfire threat.Read more
- The warming climate is expected to translate into more smoke from wildfires. It’s could also mean more dust in the air on windy days.Read more
- A Bureau of Land Management officials says the annual trip to Alaska began a decade ago after word spread about the ability of the Colorado firefighters.Read more
- The researchers found fire crews trained in structure protection and wildland firefighting saved dozens of homes in the ember storms that descended on Colorado Springs neighborhoods.Read more
- No one was hurt, and no buildings were damaged.Read more