A heavy air tanker from Jefferson County and helicopters from the National Guard are among the aircraft ordered to fight the fire Sunday morning.
- The bill prohibits the government from authorizing prescribed burn on Forest Service land, if the surrounding area faces extreme fire danger.Read more
- The study says human-caused global warming contributed an additional 16,000 square miles of burned forests from 1984 to 2015.Read more
- The Spring Creek 2 Fire southeast of Parachute initially forced the evacuation of about two dozen homes.Read more
- But firefighters are letting parts of the fire burn because it is too dangerous to get into some wilderness areas.Read more
- The last remaining evacuees are expected to be able to return home tonight.Read more
- The fire, which has forced the evacuation of about 100 homes, will likely burn for some timeRead more