- The Spring Creek 2 Fire southeast of Parachute initially forced the evacuation of about two dozen homes.Read more
- But firefighters are letting parts of the fire burn because it is too dangerous to get into some wilderness areas.Read more
- The last remaining evacuees are expected to be able to return home tonight.Read more
- The fire, which has forced the evacuation of about 100 homes, will likely burn for some timeRead more
- The Hayden Pass Fire more than doubled in size to about 19 square miles on Monday and hasn't been contained at all.Read more
As fires rage across the state, homeowners are putting their faith, to some extent, in bright red fire retardant dropped from air tankers.