Meteorologist Todd Dankers expects the haze to briefly clear, especially if the northern Front Range gets rain later this week.
- The fire started about noon Monday at the Byers Canyon Shooting Range west of Hot Sulphur Springs and has burned 568 acres as it travels west.Read more
"We may be in for a smoky weekend," a health official says.
The smoke could ease up Thursday but is expected to intensify again by Friday.
- Only two of the 34 blazes were still burning with partial containment Tuesday near Meeker.Read more
- Many of the smaller fires have been contained.Read more
People with homes in Colorado's wildfire zones know that fires are a danger, but underestimate their ability to protect their property.
- Residents displaced by the Black Forest Fire in 2013 can no longer inhabit campers and recreational vehicles on their property while they rebuild their homes.Read more
- "Fire danger indices remain well below seasonal averages across the entire Rocky Mountain Area," the National Interagency Fire Center says.Read more