"We may be in for a smoky weekend," a health official says.
The smoke could ease up Thursday but is expected to intensify again by Friday.
- Only two of the 34 blazes were still burning with partial containment Tuesday near Meeker.Read more
- Many of the smaller fires have been contained.Read more
People with homes in Colorado's wildfire zones know that fires are a danger, but underestimate their ability to protect their property.
- Residents displaced by the Black Forest Fire in 2013 can no longer inhabit campers and recreational vehicles on their property while they rebuild their homes.Read more
- "Fire danger indices remain well below seasonal averages across the entire Rocky Mountain Area," the National Interagency Fire Center says.Read more
- A preliminary outlook says Colorado's wildfire potential will be normal or below normal.Read more
Colorado's wildfires have become so bad that fire departments are increasingly reluctant to send firefighters to the front line, a new documentary says.