These human-powered machines smoothed the slopes at Winter Park and were the precursors to today's giant snowcats.
Details will come this summer, Winter Park says. But for now, rest easy knowing that the on-again, off-again train will be back in 2018.
The ski train will operate on weekends from Jan. 7 to March 26, 2017, Amtrak and Winter Park announced Thursday.
- Avalanches are among the "inherent dangers of skiing" covered by a law that limits lawsuits against the industry, the court says.Read more
- The Colorado Transportation Commission is providing $1.5 million to go toward improving a passenger platform at the ski area.Read more
- "But never say never," a resort spokesman said.Read more
- "We're hoping to have an announcement here one way or another pretty soon," said Winter Park's Steve Hurlbert,Read more
- Attorneys present arguments Tuesday in a case with potentially far-reaching implications for the state's $3-billion-a-year ski industry.Read more