The first night of the Republican National Convention is focused on national security, with presumptive nominee Donald Trump designating the theme as “Make America Safe Again.”
The highlight of the evening will be when Trump’s wife, Melania speaks, with her husband slated to introduce for his first public appearance in Cleveland.
Other noteworthy speakers include former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton, Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions and Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst.
Trump has also tried to bring some star power to the convention, but many top athletes and actors passed. “Duck Dynasty” reality TV star Willie Robertson is scheduled to address the crowd early in the evening. Then, former 80’s heartthrob Scott Baio, of “Happy Days” and “Charles in Charge” fame, is speaking, as is former soap opera actor and Calvin Klein model Antonio Sabato, Jr.
Here’s the highlights of what to expect tonight. All times are Eastern:
- 7:50 p.m. Call to Order
- 8:05 p.m. Willie Robertson of “Duck Dynasty” speaks
- 8:10 p.m. 2012 and 2016 presidential candidate and former Texas Gov. Rick Perry introduces Purple Heart winner and former Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell
- 8:17 p.m. Actor Scott Baio speaks
- 8:55 p.m. Actor/model Antonio Sabato, Jr., speaks
- 9 p.m. Remarks by “victims of illegal immigrants”
- 9:10 p.m. Texas Rep. Mike McCaul speaks
- 9:23 p.m. Wisconsin Rep. Sean Duffy and his wife Rachel speak
- 9:30 p.m. Colorado Senate nominee Darryl Glenn speaks
- 9:37 p.m. Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton speaks
- 9:45 p.m. Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions speaks
- 9:52 p.m. former NYC mayor Rudy Giuliani speaks
- 10:06 p.m. Melania Trump speaks
- 10:17 p.m. Ret. Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn speaks
- 10:38 p.m. Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst speaks
- 10:54 p.m. Montana Rep. Ryan Zinke speaks
- 11 p.m. Televangelist Paula White gives the benediction