Colorado Public Radio seeks a creative, collaborative and exceptionally organized editor to lead Colorado Matters, its flagship daily live news interview program. On Colorado Matters, the sky is the limit when it comes to storytelling. We do 1-on-1 interviews and panel discussions in our studio, but we also get out of the studio to make our segments sing with natural sound, a sense of place and to connect with our community. We don’t just think in radio, we think in pictures and video and social media.
The Executive Producer will manage a staff of multi-talented hosts and reporter/producers who are always striving to innovate and to improve. Colorado Matters isn’t sequestered to one corner of the newsroom. There is constant collaboration-- sharing content and resources. Highlights of our work: on multiple occasions, we have won best interview program in a major market at PRNDI, we speak monthly with the governor and we regularly record shows on-stage in front of a sold-out live audience.
- Manages the day-to-day planning and editorial direction of Colorado Matters content and resources across all platforms.
- Supervises the Colorado Matters staff, assigning stories and fielding and shaping pitches that reflect CPR News’ overall content strategy.
- In collaboration with hosts, edits scripts and audio as needed for accuracy, tone and completeness.
- Serves as liaison between Colorado Matters and other editors to ensure that show content feeds newscasts and newsmagazines and, conversely, that reporters make regular contributions to the show.
- Produces segments for radio (3-4 per month).
- Leads regular listening sessions with the staff to evaluate segments and offers regular feedback to hosts and producers.