Colorado Public Radio is re-structuring its thriving newsroom to capitalize on its continued growth and is looking for a seasoned professional to join the newsroom's leadership ranks as News Director. The News Director, second in command to the Executive Editor, manages day-to-day news coverage across all platforms; and works with editors and reporters to develop ideas for features, daily spots, interviews and digital content. The News Director collaborates with the Executive Editor on developing coverage priorities and newsroom growth. This position serves as the back-up to the Executive Editor in running daily editorial operations and representing the newsroom to the larger organization.
- Manages the day-to-day planning and implementation of CPR News content and resources across all platforms.
- Consults with News leadership to set daily staffing and coverage assignments; serves as decision-maker to resolve conflicting priorities among platforms and programs.
- Ensures all areas of CPR News effectively collaborate on the development and best use of content across all platforms.
- Collaborates with Executive Editor and News managers on all newsroom planning to set direction and tone of content.
- Supervises daily editors and is primary editor as needed on radio features, daily news and interviews.
- Serves as primary back-up for the Executive Editor.
- Non-standard working hours guaranteed.