Colorado Public Radio is seeking an outstanding executive with the strategic acumen, leadership and operating skill to continue to build CPR’s relevance and impact in a rapidly changing media environment. The CEO will have full general management responsibility, and will lead all strategic, financial and operating aspects of the organization. The role represents a unique opportunity to continue to reshape a highly regarded public media institution rooted in radio broadcasting into a multi-platform media organization.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Education & Experience Requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to the public media mission as a direct result of being an engaged public media listener/user and having professional experience leading a content-driven media or other relevant organization.
- Track record as an effective leader, gained in either a for-profit or public media environment. The finalist will have a reputation built from substance, experience, integrity and character sufficient to quickly earn the trust of internal and external constituents.
- Experience in a digital media environment, and demonstrated skill in leveraging new technologies and media platforms to engage with and build audiences.
- Track record of building and managing high performing teams, and demonstrated skill in leveraging the organization structure and team member capabilities to maximum advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of the value of an inclusive culture and commitment to insure diversity across a variety of categories to achieve and maintain institutional inclusiveness.
- Relevant experience operating an organization and building an enterprise amidst significant competitive, funding and technological challenges.
- Passionate, energetic, and inspiring approach and demeanor. The CEO will have successfully operated in an environment that requires exceptional communication skills, both listening and speaking, to a diverse range of constituents.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Dan Murphy, SPHR SHRM-SCP
Vice President, Human Resources
Colorado Public Radio
No phone calls please.
Colorado Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer, an Affirmative Action Employer, and actively seeks diversity of the work force.