The CPR Arts and Culture reporter covers the news, impact and trends in the state spurred by arts, culture, entertainment and related activities. The reporter files for news magazines, newscasts, CPR.org, and other CPR News programming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporter must be able to build diverse sourcing to uncover the topics and trends that shape Colorado’s arts community, from the smallest community group to large touring companies, from small visual arts galleries to the Denver Art Museum, from the middle of Denver to rural arts groups.
- Covers breaking and daily-turn news as well as enterprise and longform reporting. We want reporters who can break news - both in the immediate form and in deep, enterprise stories.
- Willingness to experiment with new reporting, storytelling and engagement techniques.
- Help develop and grow CPR’s arts and culture coverage.
- Coordinate and work in conjunction with arts coverage throughout CPR’s platforms, including Denverite, Colorado Matters and KRCC in Colorado Springs.
- The reporter researches, writes, reports, edits, and voices a wide variety of stories and series for the online audience, morning and afternoon news magazines, and periodically for Colorado Matters. Provides soundbites, wraps and voicers for hourly newscasts.
- Contributes to CPR’s social media platforms.
- Participates in all assigned fund-raising and outreach activities, on air and off.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Experience in arts, entertainment, culture or food journalism preferred.
- Experience in public radio is desirable but not required.
- Must understand fundamentals of fair and accurate reporting.
- Social media skills required.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Access to a personal vehicle preferred.
Position is based in Denver.
This position requires working non-standard hours from time to time and some travel.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Arts and Culture Reporter" in the subject line. Please also include links to samples of your work or projects you have led.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.