The CPR Classical Announcer and Digital Producer engages very comfortably with people one-on-one. They radiate a distinctive, informal presence on-air and online, possessing a high affinity for current, as well as untapped classical audience interests and dynamics. This vital team member is music curious with a general working knowledge of culture and various musical genres. They also make consistently creative connections and weave universal life experiences into on-air and online musical storytelling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and host regular airshifts on CPR Classical via voice tracking, live when needed.
- Write and create regular digital content for web and social media that enhances the enjoyment and understanding of classical music.
- Stay abreast of classical music news, as well as events and issues locally, nationally and internationally. Bring relevant and interesting information to the air and online as part of regular show prep and content creation.
- Know Colorado’s most important cultural events, tying them in cohesively on-air and online.
- Regularly pitch ideas, conduct interviews and produce content, audio and written, for CPR Classical on-air and online, working collaboratively with an editor and team members.
- Engage in live and prerecorded on-air fundraising, underwriting and other promotional messages as needed.
- Engage with the classical music community online, including social media platforms.
- Participate in community events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Compelling communication style, verbally and written, demonstrating a deep love of music and its power (knowledge of classical music a major plus)
- Deep understanding of audience-focused engagement
- Exceptionally strong storytelling instincts exhibited on broadcast and digital platforms
- Very comfortable engaging one-on-one with others
- Radio announcing or performance experience
- Proficient in use of social media, particularly Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- General PC computer competency and familiarity with audio editing software
Position is based at CPR headquarters in Centennial, Colorado.
Some travel and non-standard working hours are guaranteed.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, three professional references, and an audio air check to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Classical Announcer" in the subject line. Please also include links to digital writing and visual samples of your work if available.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please.
Colorado Public Radio is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our culture of caring. Our employees have access to: 100 percent employer paid individual health, dental, life, and disability coverage; an outstanding paid family medical leave policy plus paid holidays and a very generous sick, vacation, and personal time off plan; voluntary offerings such as vision; a competitive retirement plan match with no waiting or vesting periods; flexible schedules; engagement and development opportunities; and a casual atmosphere.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.