Employment Requirement: Colorado Public Radio (CPR) strives to maintain a workplace that keeps employees mentally and physically safe. CPR requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. All candidates offered a position at Colorado Public Radio will be required to comply with the COVID vaccine mandate and procedures prior to their first day of employment.
Incumbent is expected to reside in Colorado.
Who We Are:
Colorado Public Radio is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that produces meaningful news, music, and cultural experiences to everyone in Colorado using the power of the human voice in all its forms. Roughly 95 percent of CPR’s funds come from the private support of listeners, businesses and foundations. For more information, visit www.cpr.org.
- CPR News delivers in-depth, insightful and impartial news and information from around the world, across the nation and throughout Colorado, examining its relevance to our state and connecting it to our community.
- CPR Classical takes listeners on an in-depth exploration of thoughtfully curated music – with an emphasis on Colorado’s classical community – providing context to a broad range of meaningful and compelling works from past to present.
- Indie 102.3 takes listeners inside the world of new and independent music – exposing them to up-and-coming artists and highlighting Colorado’s local music scene.
- Denverite is an online news source dedicated to Denver's curious and concerned.
- KRCC is a public radio station in Colorado Springs, Colorado, serving Southern Colorado. KRCC is operated by Colorado Public Radio in partnership with Colorado College.
Our values inspire, inform and guide our everyday actions. They serve as a set of expectations and a promise we make to ourselves, our partners and audiences.
• Creative • Curious • Ethical • Inclusive • Respectful
At Colorado Public Radio we are committed to cultivating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that helps us represent the voices of the communities within Colorado. We highly encourage individuals with unique contributions such as ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, nation of origin, age, language, veteran status, color, religion, disability and sexual orientation to apply to our openings. CPR is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team.
Colorado Public Radio (CPR) is seeking a Colorado Matters Host / Producer.
About the Position:
Colorado Matters - the flagship public affairs talk show of Colorado Public Radio - is looking for a knowledgeable, engaging, vibrant host/producer who can help build on our formidable footprint in the Colorado news ecosystem. You will host the show two days per week, working with the executive producer and show producers to deliver thought-provoking segments on a variety of subjects. Colorado Matters is a public affairs show, but we tackle all topics and elevate conversation from a diverse group of voices. You will be able to follow your passion subjects as well as discuss the most important issues facing Colorado and the West. You will join a staff committed to an inclusive, equitable newsroom that has grown to be one of the largest public media news organizations in the country.
You are a collaborative, approachable, engaging host, able to connect with a broad audience. You have wide interests and are committed to developing and maintaining trusted sources from communities across the state, generating and pitching stories on a broad range of topics about and for the diverse people of Colorado. You have solid news judgment and bring your critical thinking, solutions-oriented skills and ideas to add to the strategic goals of the show.
- 5+ years of journalism experience; hosting experience a must.
- Must have strong news judgment, high-level hosting, writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex matters for an audio and digital audience.
- Public media hosting experience preferred.
- Experience producing for a radio talk show preferred.
- Knowledge of Colorado - people and places - and important issues that impact the state preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience or a combination of education and experience.
Colorado Public Radio is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our culture of caring. Our employees have access to: 100 percent employer paid individual health, dental, life, and disability coverage; an outstanding paid family medical leave policy plus paid holidays and a very generous sick, vacation, and personal time off plan; voluntary offerings such as vision; a competitive retirement plan match with no waiting or vesting periods; flexible schedules; engagement and development opportunities; and a casual atmosphere.
Position Type: Full-time
Hiring Range: $75,000 - $90,000
Starting Pay: based on education and experience.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, a resume, and three professional references to email@example.com with “[CM Host/Producer]” in the subject line. Please also include 3-5 examples of airchecks or audio hosting (radio, TV, podcasting, etc.).
Application Deadline: February 11, 2022
Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
At Colorado Public Radio we are committed to cultivating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that helps us represent the voices of the communities within Colorado. We highly encourage candidates with unique contributions such as ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity, nation of origin, age, language, veteran status, color, religion, disability and sexual orientation to apply to our openings. CPR is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.