The Controller will have overall responsibility for financial management, budget, compliance and reporting for CPR, KRCC, Denverite and all current and future related entities. This person is a member of the leadership team, supervises the accounting team and provides overall financial direction and analysis to serve the mission of CPR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all accounting activities for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial information to the Board, budget managers and other constituencies as requested, including monthly financial statements and the annual audit.
- Develop, implement and maintain internal controls, procedures and systems to improve overall financial operations and accountability. Spearhead appropriate accounting changes and improvement to keep accounting practices in step with CPR growth and activities.
- Develop, manage, mentor, and build a high-performing team that works with a collaborative mentality.
- Participate in the business planning process, working closely with department heads to develop budgets that support the annual work plan.
- Oversee cash, investments, and asset management, including leases and working with the CPR investment manager.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with management and staff identifying and developing solutions to a full-range of business issues.
- Work across the organization on payment processing systems, payroll systems, and other systems that process & maintain financial information.
- Remain up to date on nonprofit audit best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations and ensure legal and regulatory compliance relative to financial functions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Identification with the mission and purpose of Colorado Public Radio.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA license is preferred but not required.
- At least five years of experience as controller or equivalent, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Superior interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of systems, Great Plains experience preferred.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com with "Controller" in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please.
Colorado Public Radio is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our culture of caring. Our employees have access to: 100 percent employer paid individual health, dental, life, and disability coverage; an outstanding paid family medical leave policy plus paid holidays and a very generous sick, vacation, and personal time off plan; voluntary offerings such as vision; a competitive retirement plan match with no waiting or vesting periods; flexible schedules; engagement and development opportunities; and a casual atmosphere.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.