The CPR Daily Production Manager works with program managers, helping to curate on air production. The Daily Production Manager oversees the management of daily underwriting content across all services. This position requires strategic thinking and planning, collaborating with staff across all CPR services, audio production, writing and all aspects of continuity. Ensures that all staff are evaluated following the principles established under CPR’s performance management process. With department leadership, sets compensation for staff within established organizational HR parameters for final review by Senior VP Programming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all audio production for on-air and digital use: primary responsibility to ensure smooth delivery of underwriting content across all platforms, promotional content for CPR and KRCC News, develop and maintain daily promotional strategy for recorded and live promotional content on News, provide assistance for long form features, interview production/clips, interstitial content, image production and special programming when needed.
- Oversee the underwriting production process, working directly with program managers to ensure production assignment to hosts is delivered to production in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all underwriting and special production is entered into Zetta and that production meets the highest possible standards of broadcast excellence.
- Oversee the creation of all on-air promotional content for CPR and KRCC News. Responsible for the scheduling and rotation of this content across CPR News.
- Work with the music program directors and production staff to ensure all audio production meets the highest possible standards of broadcast excellence.
- Support fundraising production as needed. Assist in the creation of pre-produced fundraising content.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of ten years radio production experience
- Understanding of network radio audio management preferred
- Advanced knowledge of production, automation and music scheduling software tools, including: Adobe Audition; Zetta; Pro Tools
- Ability to produce audio soundscapes for all types of production from short form promo content to long form feature and podcast production
- Lead trainer for audio producers helping establish skills to move into a higher level of production content
- Must have valid drivers license and clean driving record
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, three professional references and salary expectations to email@example.com with "Daily Production Manager" in the subject line. Please also include links to samples of your work or projects you have led.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity