The Denverite reporter covers news in Denver. The reporter files breaking news stories, enterprise features and radio spots weekly, writes at least one newsletter a week and manages Denverite’s social media pages at least once a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Denverite reporters cover relevant topics and trends in Denver, focusing on city council, breaking news, neighborhood issues, development, culture and politics.
- Covers breaking and daily-turn news as well as produces enterprise and longform reporting.
- Coordinates with Denverite’s editor and works in conjunction with other Denverite reporters to set short- and long-term reporting priorities.
- Collaborates across the Denverite team for reporting projects.
- Is responsive to audience insights, questions and comments when appropriate online, via email and at events.
- Covers Denver in ways that reflect and represent the city's diversity, including a focus on underrepresented communities.
- Establishes a wide range of sources across different socioeconomic, racial and ethnic groups.
- Works in conjunction with radio editors to produce spots and features for stories that are relevant to CPR.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Experience working in a newsroom preferred.
- Understanding of fair and accurate reporting.
- Social media skills preferred.
- Able to work collaboratively, meet deadlines, multitask and work in a fast-paced digital environment.
This position is based in the Denver metro area and requires working non-standard hours as needed.
Email to email@example.com with “Reporter application” in the subject line. Include a cover letter explaining your relevant experience — bonus points if it doesn’t sound like a cover letter — links to your relevant work, links to your public social media accounts, your resume and three professional references.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please.
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000
Benefits Summary: Colorado Public Radio is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package that accurately reflects our culture of caring. Our employees enjoy: 100 percent employer paid health, dental, life, and disability coverage; an outstanding paid family medical leave policy plus paid holidays and a very generous sick, vacation, and personal time off plan; voluntary offerings such as vision; a competitive retirement plan match with no waiting or vesting periods; flexible schedules; engagement and development opportunities; and a casual atmosphere.
Colorado Public Radio (Denverite’s home) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.