Colorado Public Radio is looking for a Director, Partnerships and Promotions. The Director will conceptualize, launch, and manage CPR's partnerships, promotions, and events to meet the needs of the community and support CPR's mission. The Director will work closely with Corporate Support (underwriting), Content and Marketing to create compelling opportunities and experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish strong and meaningful partnerships that align with the organization’s strategic goals, deliver a great experience to partners working with CPR and support CPR’s mission to serve all Coloradans
- Analyze partnership opportunities, including scope, revenue potential, and audience outcomes, ensuring they reflect the diversity of our community and help bring new audiences to CPR
- Manage and support the fulfillment (both internally and externally) of all partner needs, deliverables and execution
- Negotiate and administer trade agreements
- Forecast, measure, report and present the results of projects with partners via key metrics
- Identify opportunities, create engaging sponsorship packages to grow revenue for all CPR services — working with internal and external stakeholders, CPR service leaders and Corporate Support and create recap and proof of performance reports
- Work with department leadership to formulate and implement CPR event strategies that ensure organizational goals are met and create experiences that result in a sense of community, connectedness and commitment to the mission
- Assess existing event plans to identify opportunities for performance improvement and growth (revenue, sponsorship, products, services, audience, etc.) in accordance with market and industry trends
- Organize, design and execute live and virtual events (budgets, progress reports, goals, resources, audience, suppliers, volunteers, etc.)
- Identify potential event audience, striving to be inclusive and always keeping in mind strategies for reaching underrepresented groups
- Manage Events/Promotions Coordinator
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Proven leadership experience (4-5 years) marketing and managing events, providing promotions for sponsors, and/or fostering relationships with corporate and community partners
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple events and partnerships simultaneously
- Knowledge of sponsorship and media sales (including digital media)
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, members, suppliers and stakeholders
- Significant independent judgment and strategic planning abilities
- Strong organizational skills with an extreme eye for detail
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, some holidays, and event nights
- Strong ability to define a point of view, determine direction and execute with excellence when aligning our business model(s) with client expectations and desired results
This position is based in the Denver Metro and requires working non-standard hours from time to time.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com with "Director, Partnerships and Promotions" in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please.
Colorado Public Radio is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our culture of caring. Our employees have access to: 100 percent employer paid individual health, dental, life, and disability coverage; an outstanding paid family medical leave policy plus paid holidays and a very generous sick, vacation, and personal time off plan; voluntary offerings such as vision; a competitive retirement plan match with no waiting or vesting periods; flexible schedules; engagement and development opportunities; and a casual atmosphere.