The Graphic Designer conceptualizes, designs and executes creative concepts, by hand or using computer software, to consistently and clearly communicate the company's brand identity, positioning and messaging through all brand touch points (including print, radio, digital, email, social media, events, B2B and B2C marketing collateral, internal marketing, etc.).
The designer develops the overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, collateral, presentations, and reports. They will execute CPR’s brand-focused creative and work in collaboration with key managers to showcase and elevate the brand(s). This strategic, conceptual thinker will have a wide range of design capabilities and experience, with a solid background in visual communications, commercial art, print, digital, photography, branding, and typography.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translates client needs and branding strategies into design strategies
- Designs and produces marketing communications (print and digital) pieces
- Assists in developing systems, checklists, or procedures for position as needed
- Designs visual concepts using graphic design tools including design software
- Designs material within brand standards
- Selects colors, fonts, photographs, layouts and other design elements to communicate creative concepts
- Presents design work at various stages for review and final approval
- Articulates and pitches design concepts to clients, art directors and others
- Works directly with Development on collateral that highlights the brand and incentivizes fundraising – premium products, underwriting media kit/sales tools, digital campaign graphics, etc.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 4-5 years of experience in graphic design with an established agency or marketing department, working in both print and digital
- Mastery of graphic design software
- Solid knowledge of design and visual principles
- Demonstrated portfolio showing creative, design and software skills
- Ability to evaluate choices critically, with the customer needs in mind
- Ability to communicate design choices clearly
- Excellent interpersonal written/verbal/listening skills
- Significant independent judgment for creative direction and strategic planning abilities required
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadline-driven projects
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently and solve problems
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, three professional references, digital samples of work (ads, brochures, graphics, signage, etc.), and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Graphic Designer" in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity