The Help Desk Technician reviews, analyzes, and evaluates desktop systems operations; responds to requests for installation, service, and applications support; documents support activity, and identifies ongoing training and maintenance issues. This position will be supporting end users in a corporate environment with desktop, laptop, telecommunications, printer, network, application and some server problems. The Help Desk Technician must be able to work independently and achieve objectives assigned by the Manager of User Support. This person should also be able to work as a team member in a highly collaborative environment. This position will work from both our downtown and Centennial locations as needed.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position which occasionally requires work outside of normal business hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Places internal IT and third party vendor service calls. Provides clients with consistent updates on outstanding trouble calls. Maintains a record of steps taken to resolve issues in our online customer service portal.
- Responsible for the setup and installation of PC hardware and approved software.
- Responsible for setting up new users on various systems.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of computer peripherals and printer consumables.
- Handles technical onboarding of new users.
- Handles problem recognition, research, resolution and follow-up on client issues related to PC/Mac hardware and software – as well as general office equipment.
- Support for the company VOIP phone system.
- Backup support for the Technical Support Specialist and others on the IT team.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Ability to use standard concepts, troubleshooting practices, and documentation procedures within the field of information technology.
- Knowledge in the areas of IT network operations, desktop hardware, and standard office productivity software (Microsoft Office, Adobe products, Google Apps, etc).
- Technical proficiency in troubleshooting Windows products along with a basic knowledge of Linux and Mac OSX.
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
- Familiarity with basic Windows server functions such as DHCP, DNS, group policy and file sharing.
- Knowledge of cloning and deployment solutions.
- LAN and WAN infrastructure experience including VLANs.
- Advanced desktop support skills for all Microsoft operating systems.
- Experience with backup software.
- Experience with remote clients.
- A strong track record of supporting clients, with the goal of providing top-notch customer service.
- Ability to communicate and listen actively.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Ability to adapt to changing needs.
- Ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills.
- A general knowledge of radio in general (and public radio in particular) is preferred.
- Because radio broadcasting is an audio medium, you must be able to discern audio problems through auditory senses.
- Since IT and broadcasting equipment will need to be moved on occasion, you must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- A valid driver's license is required.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com with "Help Desk Technician" in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please.
$21.63 - $26.44 per hour
Colorado Public Radio is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our culture of caring. Our employees have access to: 100 percent employer paid individual health, dental, life, and disability coverage; an outstanding paid family medical leave policy plus paid holidays and a very generous sick, vacation, and personal time off plan; voluntary offerings such as vision; a competitive retirement plan match with no waiting or vesting periods; flexible schedules; engagement and development opportunities; and a casual atmosphere.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.