CPR's Indie 102.3 has a rare, full-time opportunity available for a dynamic, experienced Host / Programming Assistant who has a deep love and knowledge of contemporary independent music and a drive to tell the stories behind the songs in an approachable, authentic way. The Indie 102.3 Host / Programming Assistant is responsible for a daily on-air music program. The host understands Indie 102.3’s mission of being an independent new music discovery platform; the target audience; artists Indie 102.3 presents; our commitment to local artists. In addition to new music trends, the host is grounded in music history and is knowledgeable in the genres of Indie 102.3’s library. Most of all they are able to connect with one listener at a time and serve as a cultural guide for each listener regardless of their background.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hosting a regular daily on-air shift, with additional airwork as needed.
- Voicing underwriting and station promotional materials.
- From time to time anchors live broadcasts and/or interviews with artists.
- Assists with the CPR Performance Studio sessions.
- Works with production staff to produce and participate in all on air fundraising activities.
- Maintains on-air hosting tools including pronouncers, comprehensive daybooks, etc.
- Regular contribution to digital content through written features, social media engagement, etc.
- Attend regular planning meetings and assist in utilizing content across all platforms.
- Represents CPR externally and serves as a spokesperson for Indie 102.3 mission.
- All other job duties as may be assigned from time to time. This position may work non-standard hours on an occasional basis.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years on air experience, major market experience preferred.
- Public / non-commercial radio background preferred.
- Familiarity with automation, production and music scheduling software: Zetta, Adobe Audition, MusicMaster preferred.
- A familiarity and grounding in contemporary music including popular, independent rock and alternative.
- Ability to effectively communicate and provide compelling background, context and cultural value on air.
- Working knowledge of studio equipment including a basic knowledge of consoles, microphones, CD players, turntables, and various digital resources.
- Strong organizational skills.
To apply, please submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the opening, resume, three professional references, aircheck samples no more than 5 minutes long(mp3 format), and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Host / Programming Assistant" in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity