The Manager of Technology Infrastructure & Support is responsible for overseeing CPR's technology infrastructure and user support that are under the technology departments domain. The manager will be responsible for ensuring key systems that are essential to CPR's operation, maintain uptime/availability and that the technical support needs of CPR’s staff including desktop, laptop, telecommunications, network and applications are met. The position will ensure that support staffing is available M-F, 8 AM to 5 PM and an after-hours support plan is maintained. This position will manage assigned staff including tech support and server admin roles (up to 4 people). This position works closely with the VP of Technology in developing and implementing CPR strategies involving technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining assigned sections of the annual technology budget.
- Responsible for purchasing equipment and software necessary for technology and support within the boundaries of an annual budget.
- Responsible for maintaining maximum uptime of network infrastructure.
- Manage and review the work of assigned staff.
- Oversee or implement the design, maintenance and configuration of all aspects of directory services, including new user setup.
- Oversee or implement the design, installation, configuration and maintenance of all servers, workstations and related systems.
- Oversee or implement the design, maintenance and configuration of all aspects of Group Policy.
- Oversee or implement the design, maintenance and configuration of networking services such as web, DHCP, SMB/CIFS, RDP, HTTP/S, SMTP, SFTP and FTP/S.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 4 year college degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related degree. Real world experience in the competencies listed above can be substituted for a college degree.
- 10 years or more experience in server and workstation administration or related disciplines.
- 3 years or more experience managing a small team.
- Direct experience or equivalents in MS Windows/Servers, MS Office, Google Workspace, 2FA, Fortinet, MDM, Crowdstrike, Mitel, Linux and audio programs.
- Experience in annual and/or project budgets.
- Ability to make solid decisions about network, hardware and software policy.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com with "Manager of Technology Infrastructure & Support" in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please.
$85,000 - $95,000
Colorado Public Radio is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our culture of caring. Our employees have access to: 100 percent employer paid individual health, dental, life, and disability coverage; an outstanding paid family medical leave policy plus paid holidays and a very generous sick, vacation, and personal time off plan; voluntary offerings such as vision; a competitive retirement plan match with no waiting or vesting periods; flexible schedules; engagement and development opportunities; and a casual atmosphere.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.