Colorado Public Radio's expansion continues with the creation of the Audio Innovations Studio which develops podcasts, documentaries and new audio experiences across all of CPR's services, to reach existing and new audiences on broadcast and digital. The senior editor leads the development of all products of the Audio Innovations Studio from initial pitch to final product. Works across all services to ensure the most effective and impactful content. The senior editor will manage and oversee all podcasts, documentaries and other audio products from reporting to story scripting and presentation, to powerful use of sound.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Executive Producer, Audio Innovations Studio, to ensure best practices, optimal decision making and use of resources in production and in planning stages.
- Act as primary content editor and oversee other studio editors on long-form audio projects.
- Collaborate with News editors and service leaders on editorial integrity of News and Music productions.
- Lead training and development of long-form audio skills within the Audio Innovations teams and CPR’s content services.
- Work with the leadership of CPR Classical and Indie 102.3 to identify projects, talent and resources for products for the music services.
- Work with outside talent and freelancers on developing new audio products as opportunities arise.
- Non-standard hours as needed.
- Position primarily based at CPR’s Centennial headquarters, with some time spent in the downtown Denver newsroom.
- Other duties as assigned including on-air fundraising.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of five years strong journalism and/or documentary experience, including project management.
- Minimum of five years developing and editing audio content with proven reach and impact. Understands the production sensibilities of podcasting and how to incorporate longform storytelling approaches.
- Minimum of three years experience managing/collaborating with audio hosts, reporters, producers, sound designers.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Senior Editor" in the subject line. Please also include links to samples of your work or projects you have led.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity