Lead a team of professionals and multi-departmental collaboration to advance audience reach and engagement; inform product and content creation; support revenue generation; and raise the profile and importance of CPR’s brand and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and implementation of comprehensive marketing and engagement strategies and plans across all CPR services. Effectively utilize all channels (broadcast, web site, social media, podcasts, apps, etc.) to tell CPR’s story, raise CPR’s profile and connect with current and new audiences. Lead the development and implementation of a compelling brand strategy.
- Develop and implement comprehensive plans to grow and deepen audience engagement efforts across the organization, including goals and objectives designed to deepen relationships, audience satisfaction and conversion to donors.
- Lead the development and oversee the implementation of an events strategy across the organization to increase engagement, loyalty, and revenue.
- Build and lead the marketing and engagement team to support the vision, mission and values of CPR. Ensure alignment between the department and CPR’s business objectives and goals.
- Develop communication strategies for audiences, partners and sponsors; including earned media advertising campaigns, presentation, and collateral and marketing materials. Provide resources to support CEO’s communication and presentation activities.
- Provide internal and external audience metrics and insights across CPR’s services. Design, execute, utilize and analyze relevant research to deepen the understanding of how people engage with CPR.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Experience leading a high achieving marketing department or organization in senior management position.
- Recognized leader in innovative marketing and engagement strategies.
- Direct management of department, cross functional teams and vendor partners.
- Experience leading B2B and B2C marketing strategies ideal.
- Demonstrated experience in brand building in a multi-platform media environment.
- Relationship builder and effective communicator. Could serve as chief CPR spokesperson if called upon.
- Experience with data collection, analysis and presentation. Experience with design thinking approach is ideal.
- Understanding and experience with the audience characteristics of Colorado.
- Knowledge and identification with the mission and purpose of Colorado Public Radio.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field and at least eight years of senior level experience.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with "SVP, Marketing and Engagement" in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity