The Staff Accountant has a variety of accounting duties that are time sensitive and require a high level of attention to detail. An understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) guide most duties that ranging from processing payroll for the organization to accounts payable/accounts receivable duties and other finance processes. The Staff Accountant also needs to have concise and timely communication within the finance department and outside departments with the ability to explain accounting needs to a variety of knowledge levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Tracking brokerage account activities, including stock transfers
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll coordinating with HR department
- Ensure timely employee time report submission, and approval
- Reconcile time off accrual balances between time tracking system and Paylocity
- Monitor all capital projects, maintain fixed asset records, calculate monthly depreciation
- Prepare monthly department financial reports
- Maintain up to date manuals for the essential duties for the position
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA in accounting, finance, or business administration; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience
- Intermediate to advance knowledge in Microsoft Office Suites
- Proficient with Excel, advance user of pivot table, formulas and conditional formatting
- Experience with payroll system (Paylocity preferable)
- Experience with GL system (Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains preferable)
Position can be based in CPR's Centennial headquarters or Colorado Springs office.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, three professional references and salary expectations to email@example.com with "Staff Accountant" in the subject line.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity