OpenAir will be on the scene all weekend long at this year's Denver Post Underground Music Showcase (UMS)!
We're partnering once again with the Showcase to provide the very best live music experience you'll find in Denver this summer!
Here's where you can find us on South Broadway during UMS:
- First things first: don't miss the UMS Kickoff Party at Illegal Pete's South Broadway on Thursday, July 24 at 6 p.m. OpenAir hosts Mike Flanagan, Alisha Sweeney, and Jessi Whitten will anchor the show, which will feature live performances from Lilly Scott of Varlet, Ian Cooke, and Ark Life. The event is free and open to the public, and features the very first musical performances of UMS 2014!
- Beginning Friday afternoon, we'll have staff posted up at the OpenAir tent by the outdoor Main Stage, located in the Social Security Federal Credit Union parking lot at South Broadway & Archer Pl. We'll be handing out exclusive OpenAir sunglasses like last year, but be quick: supplies ran out quickly last year due to popular demand and we expect the same this time around!
- If you are among the lucky festival-goers who score a pair, be sure to enter our UMS Instagram contest. All you have to do is snap an Instagram photo of someone wearing OpenAir shades and tag @OpenAirCPR to be entered to win two vinyl LPs signed by two OpenAir artists: "Underneath the Rainbow" by the Black Lips and a rare test pressing of Courtney Barnett's "The Double EP: A Sea of Split Peas." (note: must be 18 to enter)
- Snap photos with your friends in our UMS photo booth, located by the OpenAir tent. The booth will be open for your use on Saturday from 3-6 p.m.
- Throughout the four days of UMS, you'll find OpenAir hosts on stage across the venues announcing your favorite local and national acts. Keep an eye out for Mike, Keefer, Alisha, Jessi, Scott, and Kegan all weekend long!
- If you can't be at the UMS itself, don't fret: OpenAir will be covering the event on-air at 1340AM and streaming at www.openaircpr.org over the weekend, including live broadcasts on Thursday from Illegal Pete's and Sunday from the Main Stage. We'll also feature on-site performances and interviews with some of our favorite artists.
We hope to see you out there! Plan out your UMS weekend with the daily schedules below: