2016 Colorado Legislature
- The Scientific and Cultural Facilities District board has made moves to create a specific fund of extra grants for certain groups that target underserved communities.Read more
Some lawmakers still think there's too much testing, even after a move last year to limit them.
In a conversation with CPR News, the governor also addressed the chances of moving Gitmo detainees to Colorado, and the possibility of another recession.
- Colorado would become the second state after Wisconsin to make the change. The hunting-in-pink bill is described as an attempt to encourage female hunters.Read more
- The bill would have changed the process for transgender residents to update their birth certificates to reflect their correct gender.Read more
- The bill would require drillers to follow local permitting rules – like any other business.Read more
- State Rep. Dan Pabon, a Democrat who represents northwest Denver, was stopped by police late on Saint Patrick’s Day after making an illegal turn.Read more
- The forecast downgrades Colorado’s expected rate of growth slightly, meaning lawmakers will either have to find cuts or draw down the state’s reserves a bit.Read more