2016 Colorado Legislature
- Republicans who control the state Senate oppose the governor's proposal to remove about $750 million in state hospital patient fees from state spending limits.Read more
A measure helping families receiving child care assistance now goes to Gov. John Hickenlooper's desk.
- The concealed-carry bill passed the state Senate Tuesday on a party-line 18-17 vote, but the measure faces certain death in the Democratic state House.Read more
Tom Sullivan of Centennial fought back tears when he talked about how his son Alex is still with him in spirit as he prepares for the race.
- The measure would set the state's minimum wage at $12 an hour by the year 2020.Read more
- The House rejected an attempt to add auxiliary crimes to the extension, such as a robbery that might accompany an assault.Read more
- The bill was part of a larger battle over transportation funding at the Capitol.Read more
Laws that criminalize activities associated with being homeless are not the right approach to dealing with the issue, the report says.