2016 Colorado Legislature
- It's about to get easier for small-time chicken farmers in Colorado to sell their birds to consumers, but not to grocery stores.Read more
- Donna Lynne says one of the first things she’ll do is meet with Colorado’s tribes in the Four Corners region.Read more
Donna Lynne is awaiting Senate confirmation. She spoke with Colorado Matters. Listen, and read the transcript here.
As it is now, employees and consumers can't find out if businesses do things like pay below minimum wage or force overtime work without pay.
- A bill rejected in a legislative committee Tuesday would have created a label for marijuana that had been produced without pesticides.Read more
Lawmakers are considering a move back to the primary system after frustration with this year's caucuses. But not everyone is convinced.
- The program makes long-acting contraception – IUDs and implants – available for free to low-income women and girls.Read more
- Voters will decide this fall whether to extend the Scientific Cultural and Facilities District -- which granted more than $50 million last year.Read more