Financial regulators are starting to take a closer look at how publicly traded companies, including some in Colorado, disclose the impacts of climate change.
- Missouri-based Peabody admits no wrongdoing in the agreement and says it’s always tried to make appropriate disclosures.Read more
- Officials say the drop in production can be attributed to mining cutbacks in Routt and Delta counties.Read more
- The plant's coal is supplied by Deseret's Deserado Mine in Colorado, northeast of Rangely. Bonanza is Deserado's only customer.Read more
- The POWER grant program is intended to help mining areas adjust as the country uses less coal.Read more
Montana has one of the heaviest lifts of any state to comply with the EPA's plan to reduce carbon emissions. But the state is also rich in renewable energy, and the regulations may be a boon to some.
- Assistant Interior Secretary Janice Schneider approved the mining plan for the Colowyo mine near Craig. The move follows a court-ordered environmental review.Read more