Colorado Floods 2013
- Colorado officials say there was stiff competition from other states that had natural disasters over the past five years.Read more
The 2013 floods hit the Front Range. We map how money available in the aftermath will go to places as far away as Grand Junction.
- Two parts of a massive river restoration are expected to begin by spring in Drake and on Sylvan Dale Ranch.Read more
- The work mainly in Larimer and Boulder counties will include repairing river banks and removing debris.Read more
Like most of the northern Front Range, Lyons, in Boulder County, faces a dearth of affordable housing. The situation was exacerbated by the 2013 floods.
- An expansion could trigger more stringent construction regulations and require more homeowners to get flood insurance.Read more
Meg McCroskey's family is one of about 100 in Boulder County waiting for a federal buyout on a decimated property.
- The study argues that thermodynamic variables like higher sea surface temperatures can supercharge extreme weather systems.Read more
Housing and Urban Development has 45 days to review the plan, which would fund rebuilding efforts.
The catastrophic rains and landslides inflicted more damage on the local environment than a thousand years worth of daily weathering.