- A federal judge ordered an environmental review because the original review didn't take a serious look at the impacts, including climate change.Read more
- The plant's coal is supplied by Deseret's Deserado Mine in Colorado, northeast of Rangely. Bonanza is Deserado's only customer.Read more
- A review was agreed to just a week after the nearby Colowyo Mine was cleared to keep operating.Read more
The Interior Department lets the Colowyo mine stay open. But the future of a nearby mine could soon be up in the air.
- Assistant Interior Secretary Janice Schneider approved the mining plan for the Colowyo mine near Craig. The move follows a court-ordered environmental review.Read more
In the final proposal, Obama will unveil measures that are tougher than those in the 2014 draft proposal. The rules seek to curb carbon emissions from power plants by 32 percent by 2030.
- Sally Jewell will meet with Moffat County commissioners in Glenwood Springs.Read more
A spokeswoman for the department said that Secretary Jewell's schedule will be released later this week.