There is a need for affordable housing in Denver. But how much, and how is the city planning to pay for it?
Denver City Council
- City officials say the proposal would fund the building or preservation of 6,000 affordable housing units over a decade.Read more
- The first-of-its-kind measure is aimed at building or preserving 6,000 affordable housing units over a decade.Read more
- It’s a combination of property tax hikes and fees on new developments.Read more
- A proposal up for a final vote would legally recognize the popular alternative to hotels -- and would effectively ban many of them.Read more
With the City Council poised to take up proposed rules that would ban most vacation rentals here, the industry is making a last-minute stand.
- The City Council on Monday gave initial approval to an ordinance that caps the number of grows and stores.Read more
- Some council members complain the mayor's office is stacking the deck with committee witnesses who are biased against marijuana.Read more
- Denver might sell bonds to investors to raise money for a program to serve about 250 chronically homeless people.Read more