Governor on Colowyo mine: "You close this mine it will not reduce the amount of coal that's burned."
Energy and Environment
- Plans include more than 90 miles of trails and seven miles of road available for wildlife viewing.Read more
Dan Beard makes the case in his new book, “Deadbeat Dams.” He served as commissioner of the agency for two years under President Bill Clinton.
- City officials are asking the public to leave the cows alone, warning that the animals can spook easily.Read more
- "At this point we think this problem has solved itself," said Jennifer Churchill, a spokesperson with Colorado Parks and Wildlife.Read more
- The area is important to outdoor enthusiasts and it’s seen as one of Colorado’s largest roadless stretches.Read more
- Two Democratic board members, Boulder's Linda Shoemaker and Denver's Irene Griego, voted against the strategy.Read more
“If the Front Range is going to continue to grow, it will only be at the expense of agriculture," said farmer Dale Mauch. "There’s just not enough water."
- Front Range Landfill isn't planning to accept fracking fluids. But if they can't work out a plan with the town of Erie, that could change.Read more