Gold King Mine
- The EPA has received only seven comments opposing the planned cleanup in southwestern Colorado, including the Gold King Mine.Read more
- New Mexico wants the federal government to pay as much as $155 million for problems caused by the spill in southwest Colorado last August.Read more
- The measure comes after the Gold King Mine spill last August, when state officials were limited in how they could help.Read more
- An EPA-led cleanup crew triggered a 3-million-gallon spill from the Gold King Mine in August.Read more
- The Mountain Studies Institute in Silverton monitored the Animas River about 60 miles downstream from the mine for the EPA.Read more
The document orders EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy or assistant administrator Mathy Stanislaus to testify at a April 22 hearing in Phoenix.
- That brings the site of the Gold King Mine spill one step closer to Superfund status, and its additional resources for cleanup.Read more
The states and tribes say they will share their data and will train first-responders and water users to be prepared for a flood.