Gold King Mine
- The chairman of the the House Natural Resources Committee says the Department of the Interior has interfered with the committee's review of the spill.Read more
An EPA cleanup crew accidentally triggered the 3-million-gallon spill last August.
Asking for a Superfund designation means relying on the same agency that accidentally sent 3 millions of gallons of orange waste into the Animas River.
- Town leaders had hoped to vote on the application this Thursday.Read more
- San Juan County and Silverton officials have a series of meetings scheduled this week to discuss a Superfund listing.Read more
Mike King navigated contentious fracking debates and sparred with the EPA over the Gold King Mine spill. He’ll join Denver Water as its director of planning.
Silverton resisted a Superfund designation for decades. It just took a bright orange river to change things.
- Silverton has already said they want a Superfund site -- here's why other cities are chiming in to support it.Read more
- The New Mexico Environment Department says it filed a notice Thursday of its intention to sue the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency over last year's spill.Read more