Gold King Mine
- Hickenlooper’s letter also says he’s concerned about the problem getting worse before it gets better.Read more
- “I think history has been made," said San Juan County Commissioner Scott Fetchenhier of the action spurred by the Gold King Mine blowout.Read more
The current plan would keep land tracts near clean-up mines out of the Superfund site, which is important to private land owners.
- The chairman of the the House Natural Resources Committee says the Department of the Interior has interfered with the committee's review of the spill.Read more
An EPA cleanup crew accidentally triggered the 3-million-gallon spill last August.
Asking for a Superfund designation means relying on the same agency that accidentally sent 3 millions of gallons of orange waste into the Animas River.
- Town leaders had hoped to vote on the application this Thursday.Read more
- San Juan County and Silverton officials have a series of meetings scheduled this week to discuss a Superfund listing.Read more