- The two-stage expansion will include adding beds to an existing emergency shelter, doubling the capacity of a kitchen and building a new day center.Read more
Some laws make it illegal for people to ask for money after sunset or to panhandle at a bus stop.
- The city may change its panhandling law to bring it in line with a court ruling last week.Read more
- City attorney Wynetta Massey said in a letter to the civil rights group that some actions have been dismissed as officials continue reviewing cases, reports the Gazette.Read more
- One-third of the cases that the ACLU is looking at involve "passive solicitation," which isn't illegal.Read more
- Neighborhood residents argue the center is an expansion of the Rescue Mission, and not allowed under neighborhood zoning.Read more
Rep. Brittany Pettersen says homelessness is on the rise among Colorado kids -- and many of them hope to attend college but need more help to pay for it.
Colorado Springs and El Paso County vow to declare "functional zero" for its homeless veteran population by the end of the year.