Voters in six rural Colorado towns will decide April 5 whether to lift marijuana bans or moratoria. Supporters of some of the measures say sales could boost their towns’ economies.
Voters in Hotchkiss, Buena Vista, Crestone, Julesburg, Poncha Springs and Silver Cliff weigh the lure of legal marijuana.
- Forty-nine-year-old Brian Edward duFresne was arrested Tuesday and has been suspended from his job.Read more
- Police say the plants were being used to make hash oil destined for Florida.Read more
A suit from Oklahoma and Nebraska could have hindered legalization, but justices declined to hear the case. Three other suits have also been resolved.
- The group Responsible Use Denver submitted language Friday for a voter initiative to create private marijuana social clubs, and to allow pot use at special events with a permit.Read more
- The City Council passed a six-month ban last November with the promise that it wouldn't be extended, reports The Gazette.Read more
- Nebraska and Oklahoma wanted to have Colorado's pot legalization declared unconstitutional.Read more