Find a cool, shady spot, a comfortable chair and a glass of iced tea and stretch out with some of these book recommendations. Cathy Langer, buyer for the Tattered Cover Bookstores in metro Denver, and Nicole Magistro of The Bookworm of Edwards in the Vail Valley, give their picks for great books from Western authors or with Western themes.
Langer and Magistro spoke with Colorado Matters host Ryan Warner.
Tattered Cover's Cathy Langer recommends:
- "Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore" by Matthew Sullivan
- "Among the Lesser Gods" by Margo Catts
- "Push: A Climber's Journey of Endurance, Risk and Going Beyond Limits" by Tommy Caldwell
- "My Heart Belongs To Nature: A Memoir In Photographs and Prose" by John Nichols
The Bookworm's Nicole Magistro recommends:
- "What You Don't Know" by Joann Chaney
- "Dark Matter" by Blake Crouch
- "Where the Water Goes" by David Owen
- "Running with Courage" by Joan M. Wolf