- The Florissant Fossil Beds joins the Mesa Verde and the Great Sand Dunes national parks as a certified International Dark Sky Park.
- A brand new, $65 million Summit House Complex at the top of America’s Mountain is set to open next week.
- Colorado Springs continued its sesquicentennial celebration with a festival at Rock Ledge Ranch.
- Teen suicides, drug overdoses and domestic violence homicides paint a picture of how 2020 affected people, El Paso County coroner says.
- An art installation on display this month in Colorado Springs celebrates Black creatives in recognition of the upcoming Junteenth holiday. The Juneteenth Art Gallery at Cottonwood Center for the Arts includes the work of 12 artists from across the Front Range.
- Peak Past is a weekly segment written and voiced by Matt Cavanaugh Ph.D, a lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army and Senior Fellow at the Modern War Institute at West Point. Cavanaugh is a resident of Manitou Springs where he lives with his wife and two young children.
- The 1921 flood in Pueblo took the lives of hundreds and changed the course of the city's history. One hundred years later, the political and economic effects can still be felt.
- Colorado Springs' housing boom is expanding into nearby cities, like Fountain. But new homes require water — and there are currently fewer than 9,000 taps to Fountain’s water supply.
KRCC's New Home
KRCC and Colorado Public Radio are transforming a building in downtown Colorado Springs into a state-of-the-art space. Learn more about the Southern Colorado Public Media Center.
Sign Up For Our Newsletters
Our newsletters bring you a closer look at the Southern Colorado stories that affect you and the music that inspires you.