- Police also said the man appears to have been angry over not being invited to the family birthday party he attacked overnight on Saturday.
- The issue that consumed most of the political air in Washington, D.C., this week was over in a matter of minutes: Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney was removed as the GOP House Conference Chair by a voice vote. One of the few voices raised against removing her was Colorado Rep.
- Drew Houston is the new head of Citizens Project in Colorado Springs.
- It’s no secret that Colorado’s politicians want the Biden administration to reverse the former administration’s decision to move Space Command headquarters out of Colorado Springs. Now U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet, who sits on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and Virginia Sen.
- Some Coloradans are getting big surprises in their mailboxes this month. County assessors are busy sending out new appraisals to homeowners, as they do every two years. The new assessments mean tax bills will go up next year across the state, with property values climbing from Pueblo to Denver to Mesa County.
- According to a statement from police, a birthday party was underway that included friends, family and children. Police said a boyfriend of one of the female victims walked inside the residence and began shooting people before shooting and killing himself.
- Inside Out Youth Services and The Place both now want to see a larger and more permanent drop-in space.
KRCC's New Home
KRCC and Colorado Public Radio are transforming a building in downtown Colorado Springs into a state-of-the-art space. Learn more about the Southern Colorado Public Media Center.
Sign Up For Our Newsletters
Our newsletters bring you a closer look at the Southern Colorado stories that affect you and the music that inspires you.