- Colorado Springs Mayor Yemi Mobolade appointed his former political rival, Sallie Clark, as senior advisor on government and military affairs. She’s a small business owner and has worked at many levels of government, from serving as county commissioner to relaying statewide priorities as a federal appointee.
- Evaporation from ponds reduces the amount of water in the river basin, which could affect downstream water users.
- The story of the brothers and nephew who killed dozens of southern Colorado settlers in the 1860s is part history, part legend … and altogether grisly.
- Colorado Springs is strong. That was the sentiment during Mayor Yemi Mobolade's first state of the city address.
- There are groups of women in the San Luis Valley who craft elaborate scenes using embroidery, detailing scenes from farms, labor history and mountain landscapes in their region.
- Many downtown Colorado Springs businesses were still without power Tuesday.
- The victim has filed a federal civil rights suit against the sheriff’s office.
- Several economic markers appear to be moving in the right direction, but the region is still beset with some persistent economic drags.
KRCC's New Home
KRCC and Colorado Public Radio recently transformed a building in downtown Colorado Springs into a state-of-the-art space. Learn more about the Southern Colorado Public Media Center.
Sign Up For Our Newsletters
Our newsletters bring you a closer look at the Southern Colorado stories that affect you and the music that inspires you.