Sitting at a bar several years ago, Karl Christian Krumpholz got the call he had been expecting for a while -- his father was dead.
That's how the Denver comic artist opens his autobiographical comic "An Introduction to Alcohol." In it, Krumpholz explores the complex relationship he had with his alcoholic father, as well as his own experiences with alcohol.
Krumpholz is also the author and illustrator of the Westword series "The Denver Bootleg," an illustrated history of Denver music venues and bars. And he has a weekly web series called "30 Miles of Crazy!"
View excerpted pages from the comic:
- Book By Denver's Daniel Landes Examines Aftermath Of Revolution
- This Sci-Fi Novel Is A Meditation On Police Shootings, Race Relations
- Welcome To DINK. It's Like Denver's Comic Con For The Counterculture
- How Comic Books Help Some Colorado Inmates Gain New Skills
- Eclectic Rose Red Elk Creates Comic Books Aimed At Teens On Reservations