To get ready for the Broncos' Super Bowl appearance this weekend, we asked Jodi Dolph, head mixologist at Denver's Panzano restaurant, for some special drink recipes that go beyond Peyton's Mannings favorite Bud Light.
PFM Old Fashioned
- 1.75 oz Jack Daniels Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey
- 1 slice fresh orange
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Splash of fresh orange juice
Combine the ingredients. Serve on the rocks
Hurry! Hurry! Sazerac
- 1.3 oz George Dickel Rye Whisky
- 1 sugar cube or 3/4 oz simple syrup
- Several dashes of Peychoud's bitters
- Absinthe or another anise-flavored spirit
- Lemon twist
Add ice to an old-fashioned glass. Let chill while making drink.
In a mixing glass or shaker, muddle the sugar or simple syrup with the bitters. Add ice and Rye Whisky and stir.
Discard ice from old- fashioned glass and add a small amount of Absinthe. Swirl in glass and discard excess.
Strain whiskey mixture into glass. Zest the lemon twist into glass and leave on the side of the glass as a garnish.