- Animals: This seems like a no brainer but you'd be surprised how many people think their dogs love the snow. True, that 40 degree Colorado powder is great for chasing frisbees, but this is something different. If Hound Dog or Cat Power stays out most of the time, figure out a place in a corner or even some garage shelter. By Wednesday this will all change.
- Cars: Next comes your vehicle. If you don't have a garage think about going to a movie with covered parking or a mall or somewhere where you could at least give your ride a couple hours of a break. Oil gets like molasses. Another great idea is an old blanket, placed where the wind is blocked from the grill. That could mean an extra 20 degrees under the hood. Keep the gas tank at least half full; the fuller the better. Could mean the difference between starting or staying.
- Pipes: That drip drip drip really does work. Also wrapping a rag or slipping an old glove over the outside faucets could also save problems come the thaw.
- Soup: Soup is soooo good. It makes the crib smell great and warms the tummy.
- Cookies: I mean, as long as you are in the kitchen.
- Music: I thought you'd never ask. The air temperature is always Open at OpenAir. We play music that warms the heart, moves the feet, and engages the brain. AND! This week's Retrofit (5 pm Saturday and Noon Sunday) is a chill theme: "Baby It's Cold Outside." Great songs about cold hearts, icy stares, and the winter weather that made Colorado famous.
You love listening to new music and learning about Denver's music scene. We have a weekly newsletter for you -- Inside Track. Sign up here to stay in the know about Colorado musicians making new music and the new releases you should be streaming.