Best of 2013 Colorado VIPs: Paul Epstein of Twist & Shout
[[nid:97731 field_align=right]]Paul Epstein, owner of Twist & Shout Records
- Jonathan Wilson– Fanfare “A sophomore effort that betrays more chops and substance than many artists show their entire careers.”
- Kurt Vile-Wakin on A Pretty Daze “Fantastic stoner lyrics that can distract from what an accomplished songwriter and sound architect Vile is.”
- Steven Wilson–The Raven That Refused To Sing “His most finely crafted album, a prog-rock masterpiece.”
- My Bloody Valentine– mbv “After more than a decade off, Kevin Shields and Co. return, louder, feedbackier and hookier than ever.”
- Mazzy Star-Seasons Of Your Day “Another band with a decade between albums has left them sounding more haunted, icy and beautiful than ever.”
- Medicine-To The Happy Few “What is it about me and bands that take a decade off and return sounding like they didn’t miss a step?”
- Emmylou Harris And Rodney Crowell-Old Yellow Moon “1+1=10″
- The Waterboys-Appointment With Mr. Yeats “Not only is this an extremely literary album, but Mike Scott seems to actually understand what he is singing about. Enjoy it with new ears and old whiskey.”
- Thee Oh Sees-Floating Coffin “Hip, new and catchy as hell. These guys are going somewhere.”
- Wooden Shjips-Back To Land “Long fuzzy guitar solos-a psych feast.”
You made it!
You love learning about new music and the Denver music scene. We have a weekly newsletter for you -- Inside Track. Sign up here to stay in the know about the hottest Colorado concerts and how you can score tickets!