This year, seven Colorado acts were paired with bands from all over the country with a similar sound. These "swaps" are listed below:
- The Yawpers made the trek to Charleston, S.C., to join Jordan Igoe.
- Eldren traveled to Athens, Ga., to join k i d s.
- Gasoline Lollipops paired with Lafayette, La., ensemble Bonsoir, Catin.
- Stella Luce went to Madison, Wisc, to join their counterpart Lords of the Trident.
- Double dose of local bands in Nashville, Tenn.; Winchester Holiday and Maxwell Hughes performed with acts Phin and Amanda Broadway.
- The Deadwood Saints got paired with Lewi Longmire and the Left Coast Roasters from Portland, Ore.
- Shatterproof traveled to Chico, Calif., to perform with The LoLos.
SpokesBUZZ founder Dani Grant told The Colorado Sound:
“Traditional touring is linear and very slow to grow. The theory behind BandSwap is to build reciprocity and strong relationships with bands, venues, civic partners, music industry professionals and local artist support organizations. That reciprocity helps create a network that can grow fan bases for artists and spread some civic pride at the same time…. In addition to sharing a stage and marquee in their respective cities, all the bands will also share resources, industry contacts and community connections while attracting attention to this unique program and the progressive cities that embody BandSwap’s cooperative, creative spirit.”
This weekend marks the BandSwap homecoming celebration in Denver and Fort Collins. Now through October 5, you can go out and see all of these local and national artists with different showcases each night.
Details can be found on our OpenAir Events Calendar. In addition to live music, the celebration features panels targeted towards musicians about getting the resources to take their act to the next level.
Learn more about BandSwap via the trailer below: