We've asked some notable members of the Colorado arts scene, whom we dub "VIPs," to share their favorite music of 2014.
Next up is Adam Baumester. He's the founder of Meep Records, a Denver-based company that presses handmade plastic lathe-cut records. Its list of clients includes Lucero, South of France and Munly & the Lupercalians. He has also played in Denver bands like Bad Weather California.
- Myself and the rest of the world discovering young Canadian songwriter/video artist Mac DeMarco
- David Bowie's really weird new song at the end of 2014
- Elvis Costello digging Esme Patterson's response to his song "Alison"
- Amanda Petrusich's book "Do Not Sell At Any Price" about 78 collectors and the people behind a bunch of recent re-issues of amazing old world music.
- Itchy-O Marching Band and Flame Thrower Hearse outside the Mutiny Information Cafe on a summer night.
- My friend and fellow Lathe Troll Michael Dixon / American Monoxide's 6 sided crazy record.
You made it!
You love learning about new music and the Denver music scene.
We have a weekly newsletter for you -- Inside Track. Sign up here to stay in the know
about the hottest Colorado concerts and how you can score tickets!