Bravo! Vail, the annual summer classical music festival that brings the Dallas Symphony, Philadelphia Orchestra and New York Philharmonic to the Vail Valley, announced its 2015 schedule today.
Some season highlights:
- An all-Beethoven opening concert on July 1 featuring the Dallas Symphony performing the Violin Concerto in D with Pinchas Zukerman and Symphony No. 7
- The Dallas Symphony and Colorado Symphony Chorus perform Mozart’s Requiem on July 3. The concert also includes Mozart’s Symphony No. 25.
- The Philadelphia Orchestra on July 10 performs Beethoven’s Symphony No. 6 and Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 3 with soloist Garrick Ohlsson.
- A salute to the music of John Williams on July 15, including his Violin Concerto as well as music from “Star Wars” and “Close Encounters of the Third Kind.”
- The New York Philharmonic features conductor Joshua Weilerstein and cellist Alisa Weilerstein on July 25. The program includes Tchaikovsky’s Variations on a Rococo Theme for Cello and Orchestra.
- “An American Celebration” on July 30 featuring the New York Philharmonic performing music by Barber, Copland, Bernstein, Sousa and Gershwin.
- Numerous chamber music concerts with the Attaca String Quartet, Dover String Quartet and Donald Sinta Saxophone Quartet.
Check out the full season schedule via Bravo! Vail. CPR Classical will broadcast several of Bravo! Vail’s concerts as part of its 2015 SummerFest season. Details will be announced soon.
Check out "At the Piano with Anne-Marie McDermott," CPR Classical's audio portrait of the Bravo! Vail artistic director.